TOOLS for MR for Windows updated to version 1.7.1

We have uploaded the TOOLS for MR version 1.7.1 for Windows.

Major improvements/fixes are as follows:

A real-time sound measurement software called Smaart by Rational Acoustics now allows you to choose Yamaha Steinberg FW ASIO driver
TOOLS for MR is fully tested on Windows 7 SP1 (it has been working, but now it’s fully tested!)

As always, you can find the update on http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_mr816.html

thanks for uploading Tools for ver 1.7.1—but after upgrading to ver 1.7.1 for win xp sp3—nuendo4 and editor can be open together (due to which we are not able to use dsp effects such as reverb and morfing)—please support

regards

hi again,
no longer have a channel strip on my mr816csx after upgrading to ver 1.7.1—reverting back to ver 1.6 :blush: :blush:

Just tried to install v.1.7.1 but it hangs partway through.

It does the ‘preparing to install bit’, but when it gets to the ‘Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver is configuring your new software installation’ screen it just hangs up.

Tried several times.

All 5 MR816s are turned off.

Currently running v.1.6.0

Any ideas?
:frowning:

Same issue here…

My fault… :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
Deactivating Microsoft internet Security the MR installer works…sorry :blush: :blush: :blush:

Hi NLKeys,

Not working here.

I’m using Windows-7 64-bit.

My AVG virus checker is disabled and I’ve just un-checked [Enable Protected Mode] in Control Panel/Internet Options/Security - is that what you meant by ‘Deactivating Microsoft internet Security’ ?

The machine has been rebooted and all MR816s are switched off. I Am also using the 64-bit version of v.1.7.1.

I have deactivated the protection in real time and, not mention before, I have run only the installer of FW drivers in administrator mode (right click on the installer and choose ‘run as administrator’) as well as I don’t use windows firewall.
I hope this could help you!

Same things as above done on my desktop…freeze all system! Huston, we have a problem! :nerd:

I’ve tried everything I can think of, but it still does not work.

I can not even UN-install v.1.6

Even Steinberg Support gave up!

I guess I’ll just have to stay with v.1.6 !

So I guess the message is, unless you need Smaart, no other reason to install it?

1.7.1 installed flawlessly on my machine, and from what I’ve been able to test so far, I have not experienced the little dropouts I was experiencing every 10 minutes or so. I hope things stay this way.

Could you list your hardware specifications, please? :smiley:

Sure! My specs use to be in my signature in the old forum, but it appears they have disappeared with the forum change.

I am using an HP XW8600 workstation, quad core Intel Xeon at 3.16Ghz, 12.0 GB of ram. Windows 64bit professional with service pack 1. Cubase 6. On-board Texas Instruments firewire.

I will also note that I never experienced the little dropout everyone has complained about until I upgraded to Windows 7, then every 10 minutes or so of playing I would hear a split second audio dropout, and it would just drive me crazy! I wanted to throw the MR816 out the window. VERY frustrating. But these new drivers appear to be very stable for me so far.

Thanks!

I have never had dropouts on my desktop system (win7 64bit - 12Gb Ram - I7 920 - Fw Texas Instruments) but I have dropouts as you describe on my laptop! Every 10 min…I think the problem is in the drivers: I have recorder a live concert with a M-Audio and all worked fine. I’d like to test these new drivers but…strange world…

Hello Guys,

thanks for uploading Tools for ver 1.7.1—but after upgrading to ver 1.7.1 for win xp sp3—nuendo4 and editor can be open together (due to which we are not able to use dsp effects such as reverb and morfing)—please support

Nuendo 4 and the Mr. Editor can not be used at the same time, not even with the new tools.
Everything you want to do on the editor you can do it inside Nuendo.

Please make sure that you have downloaded and are trying to install the proper version of the drivers.
If you are on a 32 bit operating system download the 32 bt version dirver etc…
Have any one you tried to runn the installers separately?
-Open the “Tools for the MR v171” folder.
-Then go through the Driver, Editor and the Extensions folder.
-Run each installer separately and see what happens.

Running them as administrator is also a good idea.

I have never had dropouts on my desktop system (win7 64bit - 12Gb Ram - I7 920 - Fw Texas Instruments) but I have dropouts as you describe on my laptop! Every 10 min…I think the problem is in the drivers: I have recorder a live concert with a M-Audio and all worked fine. I’d like to test these new drivers but…strange world…

The problem with your laptop could be related to the firewire card.
According to that you´ll find a chart with information about FireWire chips, manufacturers and types that have been tested: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/mr816-firewire-compatibility.html

Cheers,
GN

I have the 64bit version (I use Windows-7 64-bit)

I am the Administrator.

I have opened the “Tools for the MR v171” folder.

I have gone to the Driver folder and run Setup.exe.

The installation hangs when it gets to the page that displays ‘Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver is configuring your new software installation’

I have not bothered with the other two folders.

? !!!

Same here!

Installed today no problems along with 6.0.2, seem to getting slightly better performance here :smiley:

MC

Hi all!
I seem to have a different problem with the latest MR tools version 1.7.1.
Every time I switch the computer on the MR 816x driver doesn’t work. It’s like it partly deinstalls itself when I shut down the DAW. I have to deinstall and reinstall the driver each time to make it work.
Solution anyone?

Cheers!