TOOLS for MR updated to version 1.7.0

Dear customers,

I’m happy to announce that today we released an update of the TOOLS for MR for both Mac and Windows for the MR816 CSX and MR816 X Advanced Integration DSP Studio.

This update includes the following main revisions and enhancements:

For Win 32 bit and Win 64 bit:

• Now supports Cubase 6.
  • Changed the system requirements to the following.

Windows XP Professional SP3, Windows XP Home Edition SP3, Windows Vista SP2, and
Windows 7.
Cubase version 5 or later when using the link function between the device and Cubase.
Please notice that this new TOOLS for MR version 1.7.0 does not support Cubase 4.x. If you are using Cubase 4.x please keep using the TOOLS for MR version 1.6.0.

For Mac 32/64 bit:

• Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver now supports 64-bit kernel of Mac OS X 10.6.
  • Now supports Cubase 6 (32-bit/64-bit).
  • Changed the system requirements to the following.

Mac OS X 10.5.8 or 10.6.x
Mac computer with an Intel processor
Cubase version 5 or later when using the link function between the device and Cubase.

Main fixes and enhancements with the Mac version:
Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver

• Solved the problem in which a Cubase project file might not be opened after switching the
    sample rate to the 96kHz when connecting the three devices compatible with the Yamaha
    Steinberg FW Driver to the computer.
  • Solved the problem in which a third device recognized by the Yamaha Steinberg FW
    Driver would not set the clock master after switching the sample rate from 48kHz or less to
    88.2kHz or more when connecting the three devices compatible with the Yamaha
    Steinberg FW Driver to the computer.
  • Solved the problem in which the sound from a device compatible with Yamaha Steinberg
    FW Driver might be delayed just after switching the clock source.
  • Solved the problem in which the synchronized/unsynchronized state of the clock source
    might not be displayed properly in the Control Panel of the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver.
  • Solved the problem in which the error message “Failed to initialize” might be displayed
    when logging-on to the computer after logging-off on Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.6.
  • Solved the problem in which some installed file information of the Yamaha Steinberg FW
    Driver might not be displayed properly when opening that file information of them on Mac
    OS X 10.6.

Please refer to the following page for further information and the download links:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_mr816.html

Best regards,

Just installed it, ran Ccleaner and no longer the missing “tools for mr” message! well done

Stefan, can you also please look into the RCA spdif stereo/mono direct monitoring issue? this will probably need a driver update as well

Is it possible to open the MR mixer in Cubase 6? I noticed that the virtual mixer panel fades out once Cubase is opened. I understand that C6 has it’s own built-in mixer. Just wanted to know why it can’t be utilized.

because all functions are accessible from within Cubase, the manual explains where all functions are residing

Not so. If you Create a send and return for external hardware in Control Room, there is NO access to the send level inside Cubase! I had to open the MR editor externally, set the level (it was -inf. originally) and save the preset as the default in order to get my external FX chain to work. External FX channels DO NOT APPEAR in the hardware mixer, NOR in the Cubase mixer.

you’re right with the external fx, the ports stay “normalized” which for me is not aproblem since i prefer a fixed line level and tweak it on the gear. the dsp fx only work as plugs when in loopback mode. otherwise there only available as input monitoring (reverb)

but i do agree a bit more extensive mixer mirrorring what’s available in de MR mixer would be nice

True, not a problem any more, but it took days of ineffective and useless head banging (when it had defaulted to -inf. and NO signal was getting thru AND THERE WAS NOTHING I COULD DO ABOUT IT INSIDE CUBASE) before another user’s suggestion helped me to get it to work. OK, well, it may have cleared the sinuses, but it left bruises. :wink:

It could have been so much easier with proper implementation of full control of I/O inside Cubase.

Correct, the send/return sliders being mapped to the channels selected for external instruments would be nice

Since the 1.70 driver for mac s***ck big time… pull the driver (at least for mac)