TOOLS for UR 1.0.2 released

We have released the TOOLS for UR28M and UR824 version 1.0.2.
Please find the update which features a bugfix and the latest USB driver here:

UR28M

UR824

I have downloaded the files, installed new drivers but the unit still shows

“Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V1.5.2” … Should say V1.6.0
The UR824 dspMixFx still displays V1.0.0

The unit now is doing drop out - popping sounds with or without Cubase or Nuendo running…

Before the update, It wasn’t doing drop outs tho it was unstable with WL7 (crash), accessing the control panel from Cubase or Nuendo would hang for some time, changing sample rates would also hang…, etc…

After installing this “1.0.2” update, WaveLab 7 still hangs and takes forever to connect with the interface… It hangs changing sample rate and then crashes… Just loaded a 24bit 48k wav file… it did a little hang changing the clock… then it played … then loaded a 16bit 44k file and still won’t play after 5 min. Crashed… had to force it from the task manager (not responding)

With other interfaces this is not happening…

Any clue guys???

System: AMD PhenomII 6Xcore 3.2Ghz - 16GB Ram - Win7 64bit…

OK! TURNS OUt that UR28M and UR824 can’t share the same Computer :frowning: Thought they would…
I removed all the applications and re installed one at a time. 28M first… Driver was updated to 1.6.0 great… But when I installed the 824, it removed the UR28M … hmm!

OK! SO I’m Running UR824 right now. driver is update 1.6.0. DSP is also updated to V1.0.1
Opening WaveLab 7… loading file 24bit 48K… WL7 went eeek then it played the file after 3 sec… now loading another file… 44k this time… eerrrk long hang, program goes to blank (not responding) then it came back and the interface changed sample rate to 44k. With other interfaces that I have used with WL7, the sample rate change is less than 4 sec. Sometimes faster…

mmmh!! :question: :frowning:

Now opening Cubase 6.0.5
new project @ 44k 24bit
now changing sample rate to 48K…5 sec…> > hangs…>>>>…new rate: Cubase was able to play at the new sample rate after 30 Sec …

We need to make this better guys… The MR was also a pain changing sample rate. I had to shut down the unit to reset it… Other interfaces are able to switch sample rate in 2 or 3 sec, no problems.

My feed back with the UR series guys…

All the best…

PS: No drop outs… so far… :wink:

GSRS