Top 3 Feature Requests or Bug Fixes You'd Like in Next Major Release

1. Ripple Edit
    Ripple Edit - for Events and Ranges (voice overs, composing, film e.g.) - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

2. Improve the “Save As Template” function (to not include media)
    Improve The "Save As Template" Function - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

3. Multi-Track Free Warp
    (actually not for my personal use case, but massively needed for those having the use case, so l list it for the overall good and success of the application)
    Multitrack Free Warp - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Bug fixing should of course always have high priority, generally speaking (and not ignoring the smaller ones).

Fix the Chord Track/Transpose Track playing in Loop Bug (Identified in Pro 9 and still present in Pro 10)

+1

One additional, perhaps silly, but even so, important request: Different colours for the Windows desktop icons. It’s very easy to click the wrong one.
Icons.gif
r,
j,

1. A clarification of the remote control features : among Generic Remote definitions, Remote Control Editor (which should be fused with Generic remote definitions, IMO, to be able to use any remote controller to drive either Cubase or a chosen VSTi in a friendly manner), Track quick controls and VST ones, I actually use only the first one, afraid to mess up definitions done in it. Something more user friendly is really needed : i.e., in which cases should we use RCE rather than VST Quick Controls (or the opposite) ? :confused:

2. Rack presets which would allow to save as a template a whole tracks setup for a multichannel instrument (MIDI dedicated tracks + VSTi). Track presets are unable to do this, presently.

3. A decent VST 2.x presets management, if possible in Mediabay (but I’m dreaming awake, here…).

1. Less clicks and mousing about (tons of posts about the many ways this needs to be improved) – one major improvement to put Cubase at the level with almost every other DAW would be finally getting adjustable mixing parameters in the track headers (as an option/preference, just like Track Controls are now).
  2. Gapless audio engine
  3. VariAudio editing in-line in the project window (i.e. no separate window or lower panel, thus enabling multiple-track VariAudio editing and more).

a) Dragging locators is not interrupted by Autoscroll
b) MIDI export does not require soloing for selected tracks
c) New Add Track dialog also applies to Rack-based instruments

These are not FR’s in the contemporary sense of the meaning, sorry

:question: Those sound like feature requests to me.