Track/Channel White Lines?

Can someone help satisfy my curiosity on this? I’ve always seen them but never really understood what the little “White Line” means on a Project Track or Mixer Channel. They appear to the right of a Track number and above a Mixer Channel number.

The only thing I’ve noticed is that if I am using more than one Project Track and/or Mixer Channel visibility configs the White Lines indicate differences between Project and Mixer configs (but even this is not very consistent…).

The attached Pic has a Project Track view with red highlights around the tracks with White Lines.

Thanks!

The channels are selected / controlled by a remote control device.

Sorry for necromancing this thread but is there a way to find out which controller is associated the track? I have no control surfaces or devices connect yet the tracks still have the stripe.

Doesn’t matter if you have a controller or not it always has a bank of Audio producing Channels Selected. If you don’t have a Controller telling Cubase where to put that bank, it will by default use the first ones in your Project Window and/or Mixconsole. Also a Channel will be included in a bank even if it is set to be not Visible in the Project or Mixconsole Windows. Disabling will cause it to not be included in the bank. It doesn’t do anything and is just a visual indicator of where the current bank is located.

1 Like