Track color and event color are separate?

Hi folks,

I’ve been through the manual and this board and can’t seem to find the answer to this one:

I can change the track color but the parts within those tracks remain the default gray. I can go to the Color Tool and click on the tracks with Default Color selected and they’re still gray, not the yellow I prefer.

Tracks which aren’t the default behave normally - a change at the track level changes those parts.

Any thoughts about that?

Here’s a pic:

Hi,

It should behaves like this:

• If you have a default color (grey) of the track, and default color of the events, the event should inherits the track color, once you change the track color.
  • If you have any color of the track, and the same color of the events (changed by the track color change), the event should inherits the track color, once you change the track color.
  • If you change the event color manually, and then change the track color, the event keeps its own color.

I can confirm that this is the case for all three points.

The problem is that at some point in prefs or elsewhere my “default” became 1) a certain color for the track and 2) a different color (gray) for the parts. So if I change a track (and the parts it containts) from default to green, then back to default, the parts go from gray to green then back to gray.

Actually I don’t know, how to set the Default Cubase tracks/events color. To fix it, I would try to click to the Color Tool, select Project Colors… and here from the Options menu, I would select Reset Current Set to Factory Settings.

Or use Safe Start Mode (trash Cubase preferences).

In Safe Start Mode things are the same.

I reset everything to current settings via the Paint tool and the defaults on pre-existing tracks in my template are still all gray. On the other hand if I create new tracks they DO conform to what the defaults should be, so I’m truly baffled as to why it’s just certain tracks that are wonky. Maybe I changed the defaults and those tracks got “left behind”…?

Either way I might just create new tracks, which behave correctly, to replace the weird old ones, and pretend like none of this ever happened.

Stop the press: it’s folder tracks! Folder tracks seem to wipe out the colors of parts within them!

Everything makes sense now. Ugh.

:blush:

Actually, I take that back: more things make sense, but still not everything.

When certain tracks are in folders, they take the Default color of the folder. Other tracks, no. Here’s an example:

What you’re seeing, from top to bottom, is an instrument using the default color, then Rendered audio of that part using the default color, then an Audio track, then Rendered audio of that track using the default color.

Then there’s a folder of the same thing but with two added tracks that don’t use the default color. Note that their parts are the same color as their header, which is what I want.

Finally, here are a couple of shots illustrating where I’m changing the color from. Hopefully that helps.

Does anyone have thoughts on what’s going on here?

event colour governs track colour

I don’t understand.

:nerd: