Track freezing problem...

Hi,

I have this weird issue (Cubase 6 on mac osx 10.6.8) that I have to freeze track twice before I get it to play correctly. When I freeze it (this applies to audio tracks and I think also virtual instruments, normaly these tracks are routed to group channels) for the first time, all I get is silence, then I unfreeze it and freeze it again and it works correctly. Does anybody else have similiar issues and do you have work around for this? It is bit annoying to freeze everything twice.

Edit: Also guys do you know if there is way to freeze multiple tracks at the same time? Bit annoying to freeze track by track…

I used to get this all the time but actually haven’t noticed it recently…not sure what has changed in my system to fix it though (sorry!)

There is no way to freeze multiple tracks at once.

Anybody? This is starting to really piss me off… Also is there chance to freeze group channels? Haven’t found one yet…

Impossible to say since you give no system specs, what-so-ever.

I’ve got MBP i5, 8gig ram mac osx10.6.8, Cubase 6.0.2 and Focusrite Saffire pro 24 dsp as my audio interface. I think that I’ve had this same issue with cubase 5 as well. Also I don’t think that is audio interface related since I’ve had the same issue using apogee duet, Presonus firebox as well as this focusrite. So Mashedmitten what do you think is the issue?

Confirmed!
I get this phantastic phenomenon as well … on win7 :confused:

Old thread, but i still have this problem, and have had it consistently since cubase 5.0. It’s pretty annoying. Anyone ever figure it out?

I’ve had every version of Cubase since 5.0 on 3 different computers with different audio interfaces and Windows 7 both x32 and x64, and this glitch is always there. The only thing I can think of that is common between all of my projects since then is the use of Waves L3 Multi/Ultra Maximizers. That’s the only thing I can think of that is common throughout.

cubase 6.5 x64
win 7 x64
8GB ram
intel i7 860
RME Fireface UC