Track Pictures for Inputs and Outputs

Hi - Is there a way of getting the Main Inputs and Outputs to use ‘Track Pictures’?
Is there a ‘hack’ or something to do this. I believe I have seen it (icons for the stereo out at least) in some Tom Holkenborg /Junkie XL Youtube vids.
They (the pictures) really help me - much to my uncool dismay.
T
Cubase Pro 9.0.30

Works the same way as in any other track.

Nope. Try putting a pic on an input channel - the pic browser will not open.

+1 OP

However this thread should be in the Feature Request sub-forum.

You would think -eh? It doesn’t on Pro 9.+

Thanks - I’ll put a feature request in.

Sorry, had tried in Pro 8, where it does work. :blush:

No worries, I did wonder about that actually - Definitely going to request it right now in that case.
Cheers mate
T

I think there must be some confusion as Cubase has never allowed pics on the I/O channels since MixConsole pics were introduced. I actually put in a feature request for this back in (gulp) 2012. Feature request: Mixer pix for Inputs & Outputs - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

I just confirmed that you can’t put pics on I/O channels in Cubase 9, 8.5, 8 & 7.5 (oldest I have installed).

Back when it was introduced I tried it, and found out in about 5 minutes how to turn it off for the sake of my sanity.
How can you avoid clicking a track picture and having that picture selector pop up ?
If it was implemented with a modifier key to change picture and else just Select track when clicking, I would use it all the time.

The confusion is, I am not talking about the MixConsole (But to my excuse - neither did the OP :blush: )

I just confirmed you can, but in the Project window, not in the MixConsole

Yeah, I can confirm this behavior. Also you don’t see the I/O Channels in the Project window until you at least toggle the channel’s automation on & off - which is a bit annoying.

I always figured “they” in all their wisdom specifically designed it so I/O didn’t have pics. Now this looks more like a bug where the Project & MixConsole aren’t properly syncing. I’ll play around with this a bit more and then post it in the Issues forum.

Here’s the post in the Issues forum. Give it some love.

long time in writing …but there’s nothing uncool in trak pic’s…it’s so easy…to be bauhaus cool isn’t the bees knees, it’s just elitism …did you ever get an answer for ‘input track pics’?

They fixed this ages ago