Track Presets in Cubase 7

When I save a track preset in Cubase 7, and apply it to another track, it seems that the send configuration is not being applied, neither is the cue config. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I am in Cubase 7.0.2 64 bit.

Regards, Mikael

not a bug simply not a part of track preset !

So I digged into this.

It seems that in Cubase 7.0.2, track presets do not save the send and cue setup of a track anymore, whereas in Cubase 6.5, send and cue setup of a track were saved and restored with track presets.

In the documentation of both Cubase 6 and Cubase 7, it is nowhere mentioned that sends and cues are being saved with track presets. However, Cubase 6.5 did save this Information and I think this is an important part of a track setup.

So, I guess, it cannot be called a bug, since the docs don’t mention it. But for me as a user, it certainly is an “issue”…

regards, Mikael

I have wanted to save the sends in a track preset forever. Track presets are crippled and useless otherwise if you ask me. Steinberg recently said they are working on implementing this in 7.** update. Are you sure it was in 6.5? I sure never got it working, and its weird that they would remove it

you can save “FX Sends” track preset alone !

I mixed up mixer and track presets. What I referred to in my original post where actually mixer presets, where I store the configuration for individual mixer channels in a vmx file.

Cubase 7 correctly saves and restores cue and send settings in the vmx file.

However, if I open a vmx file stored with Cubase 6.x, Cubase 7 won’t restore send settings. Cue settimgs are actually restored properly.

I apologize for the confusion…

Regards, Mikael