When “Track Selection follows Event Selection” is activated a problem occurs while recording.
- Create empty project
- Enable “Track Selection follows Event Selection” in the Preferences
- Enable Metronome Precount
- Add 2 Midi Tracks ( MiDI TRACK 1 and MIDI TRACK 2)
- Create empty Event on MIDI Track 1 and select this Event
- Select MIDI TRACK 2, the Event on MIDI TRACK 1 is still selected
- arm “record - enable” on MIDI TRACK 2
- Hit Record - during the count-in the selection jumps from MIDI TRACK 2 to MIDI Track 1 and the new Data will be recorded into MIDI TRACK 1.
This occurs with Midi Tracks and Instrument Tracks. As far as i can see Audio Tracks don´t show this behavior.
System: Mac OS 10.10.2 on Macbook Pro 17" (late 2011) Intel i7 2,4Ghz 16 GB Ram
Cubase Pro 8.0.5
no 3rd Party plugins involved