Track Sends for Effects

Greetings and Salutations,

I was wondering if anyone here would be able to assist me in my quest, which to my neaderthalic brain is difficult, but I’m more than certain many if not all of you will find it quite elementary. I would like to do the following:

1. Send a dry track’s content (Track 1) to a wet track (Track 2);
  2. Have only the wet effected sound from Track 2 be audible in the mix;
  3. Have the unaffected content from Track 1 be muted so that the only remaining evidence of Track 1’s existence is the effected output from Track 2.

Any help would deem my problem solving skills as woefully inadequate, crush any ego I have remaining on the jagged rocks of defeat, but would be greatly appreciated nonetheless and make me smile with rabid appreciation.

Thanks,

MolchMon

Hi,

1. Via Send ou can route the signal to FX, Group or Output Channels only. So Track 2 must be one of them.

2. Apply the effect as an Insert to the Track 2, and set Dry/Wet to 100%. Or send it via Send, set the Send as Pre-Fader and set the source Channel Volume to -oo.

3. Same as 2, isn’t it?

I am really not sure what you are asking ?
Using send ?

1. most simple way would be using a Group channel and Route the output from track 1 to that, boom finished.
  2. Another way if you want to Route output from track 1 to track 2. Go to VST connections (F4) create an Output Bus and DO NOT connect it to any Device Port. Call the Bus something you can remember like MONOAUX or STEREOAUX.
    Let’s say Track 1 is mono and Track 2 is mono.
    Go to track 1 under output select MONOAUX. Then go to track 2 under input and select “Outputs - MONOAUX”
    Signal will now flow from Track 1 to track 2 through the “fake” Bus.
    The reason for creating these “fake” Buses, is that Cubase prevents You from making feedback loops.

I hope I didn’t confuse more than help :slight_smile:

Martin’s number 2 covers it…just set the send to pre fader and turn down the channel fader.

Yes i guess i over complicated things :slight_smile: