Track Templates

Hi Lars

Just wondering If there any plans to bring track template capability to Cubasis 3? I spend a lot of time setting tracks up with instruments and effects etc, and it would be great to be able to save these for recall in other projects.

Thanks for the great work you guys are doing

Cheers
Jed

Hi Jed,

Actually, we think we have something better for you in Cubasis 3…

How to Create a Track Template in Cubasis 3

1 – Create a new proect and make all your desired settings
2 – Go to Media/Projects and move the project to the “Templates” folder

Now, whenever you make a double tap on the file, a new project is getting created from the template.

Please let me know what you think!

Best wishes,
Lars

3 Likes

Thanks for answering Lars - that functionality works really well for starting a project with pre populated tracks. But If I was in the middle of a project and wanted to insert an AUv3 with the EQ, effects etc set up as I like, this doesn’t seem possible?

Cheers
Jed

Hi Jed,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately I did not understand the problem.
If possible, please describe the issue more in detail, to allow us to reproduce and evaluate it.

Thanks
Lars

Hi Lars

I’m talking about the capability of being able to save an individual C3 track as a single track template for later use, and then being able to import this into a project that is in the process of being developed.

For instance If I decide that I need a rhodes instrument in a half completed project, I would then import my previously saved rhode Instrument template into the project. It would be pre-setup with effects etc just how I like it. This would save a heap of time not having to setup the Rhodes track manually from scratch every time.

I hope that makes sense - all the desktop DAWs have this capability and I really miss it in C3

Cheers
Jed

+1

Ability to save settings of a single track (including any FX, AUs on it) and save it as a template, op import those settings into another project.

Or copy settings from a track from one project and paste them into a track in another project.

Hi all,

Thank you for the additional information.
We might add the ability to add track presets at some point in the future.

Thanks
Lars

Please add this ability to copy track settings and paste it into another track or another project - memory to memory - which should be pretty quicker to implement as opposed to exporting as track templates that needs file management, etc.

You can implement track templates later on but for now, please implement the copy paste track settings into another project.

Also, add this little feature to v2.

+1 copy paste track functionality

And track templates too, please

1 Like

This needs to be a feature. To load up an AUv3 with all my fx and eqs into the project I’m currently working on is a functionality all daws have. Please make this happen. This is currently the best daw on iPad, this would step it up. I don’t want to have to start fresh every project.

Good idea. Also, I think that the ability to hide tracks in a group folder would be great as well, especially if you’re trying to navigate your way through loads of tracks.