Tracking/Mixing - Buffer Switch

On most systems, and especially those without a tonne of power, we need a low buffer for tracking and a high buffer for mixing. We switch between the two for a difference in CPU/Disk load that the Constrain Delay Compensation just doesn’t handle.

With a buffer switch button we could set our tracking buffer and mixing buffer in the device setup, and then easily switch between the two, without having to go Devices > Device Setup > VST Audio System > Control Panel, every time we want to change our buffer size.

At very least a shortcut to quickly adjust buffer size.

Or even simpler a shortcut to Device Setup. It is incredibly rare that I open Cubase without going to device setup at some point in the session.

Bump, anyone?

I read somewhere (yeah, I know… not a lot of merit) that only a few audio interfaces allows you to change interface settings, such as sample buffer size e.g., through a 3rd party software such as a DAW.
I know RME allows for it and I suspect Steinberg/Yamaha ones does as well.
But if an interface does not allow for it, such a feature would break consistency within the application.

1 Like

Fair enough, I guess not it’s a Cubase thing, I use a Focusrite Clarett 4-Pre should anyone come up with anything. Thanks for replying.