Trail Vers. HSO Problem!

Hello,
after installing the Trail Version included in Cub6 i follwed the steps in the installer Menue. I activited without problems the license. Now i searched for updates, installed Vers. 1.5 well. Elicenser showed me the correct license But when i start HSO : Applikation ‘HALion Player OEM 3.x’ hat den folgenden Fehler verursacht:

Die eLicenser enthalten keine gültige Lizenz.

The newest Elc is installed. What is the problem? The update? The Trail vers. nr. is 1.x so 1.5 may work.
I will Buy the full license but now i had to wait until this probelm is solved.

If i understand you correctly (a little difficult, but probably easier than me writing in German!) you are getting this error message after installing the HSO demo, as I did, after getting C6.

You will be very lucky to get any support or help from Steinberg! I started a similar thread and got no useful information, I also sent an email to Support and got no response whatever.

What I did discover is that the demo patches for HSO may be accessible inside HalionSonic or HalionSonic SE. Have a look and see.

I bought the full version of HalionSonic (actually and upgrade from Hypersonic) and discovered by accident that the HSO patches show up in Halionsonic.

Unfortunately, after the demo period, they disappear again, and you will then get highly annoying error messages every time you load Cubase, unless you remove HalionSonic/SE. I actually had a Cubase project which I could not open at all until I had removed HS.

In my view the whole thing is a complete shambles. I will not install Steinberg demos again.

Hello,

What I did discover is that the demo patches for HSO may be accessible inside HalionSonic or HalionSonic SE.
Yes, indeed.

Unfortunately, after the demo period, they disappear again, and you will then get highly annoying error messages every time you load Cubase, unless you remove HalionSonic/SE. I actually had a Cubase project which I could not open at all until I had removed HS.In my view the whole thing is a complete shambles. I will not install Steinberg demos again.[/quote]

Thats teh way: Buy or die! Fair will be the option to deinstall the demo. A better description what the difference between the Full Version of HSO and the one you can get for licensing the trailversion will be better too. I had to go through the whole FAQ to find it out. Why they don´t do it first.

I will buy it, because it sounds better than my edirol Orchestra and i like the Expressions, so it will not make me angry.

thanks for your answer, you are the first, may be Steinberg will be the last :wink: