transfer key commands from dorico1 to dorico 2

Hi anybody know the way to transfer key commands from dorico 1 to 2. Dont really want to have to start again as have it setup on a euphonix mc control also so it would be a couple of days work. Thanks

Hi Doc.
Actually I did not loose my key commands when upgrading… You’ll probably want to save a backup copy of the keycommand_[your language].json, just in case it gets messed up, but that’s something you shall do, even without upgrading. That file is (on Mac, obviously, and someone else would probably give you the information on PC) located in your user library/Steinberg/Dorico/ folder
I do not think it is useful to do a backup of the file located inside Dorico.app, those are the default keycommands (if I understand well).
Hope it helps !

If you’re installing Dorico 2 on the same computer as Dorico 1, it will automatically migrate your key commands and other settings from version 1 to version 2 the first time you run Dorico 2.

If you find that this migration hasn’t worked for some reason, you can copy the files manually. If you’re on Windows, they’re in %APPDATA%\Steinberg\Dorico. On Mac, they’re in /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico. You copy e.g. keycommands_en.json from the ‘Dorico’ folder to the ‘Dorico 2’ folder in the same location.

Unless one of your old shortcuts isn’t used by version 2 internally.

Marc,Daniel and Rerei thanks for replies that has sorted that particular problem ,just need to figure out how to do the same for my MC CONTROL as have quite a number of pages of commands setup and hoping there is away to use existing setup for dorico 2 …