Transfering licenses from old HDD (that cannot be booted from / crashed PC) to USB eLicenser

Hello,
I have an issue that I have not been successful in finding solution for.

One day my PC suddenly crashed and I could no longer boot Windows from the HDD, that all my steinberg licences have been stored.

I can, however, connect HDD to computer and see its contents. But that’s all I can do. In soft eLicenser I dont see desired HDD nor licenses on it.

I also don’t have option “Reactivate” in my account, I don’t even see there activated products.
So, is there any way to solve this?

Thanks a lot.

In that case they are either in another account of yours, or you might have never registered the elicenser…

Hello and thanks for reply.

Huh, I don’t think I did that. I’ll tell you exactly what I did:

1. bought products
  2. received email
  3. downloaded Steinberg Download Assistant
  4. logged there to my account
  5. put the codes there, which I think automatically added licenses to soft eLicenser

Nothing else.

So… what could we try next?

Use the same account, which it sounds like you didn’t.

I can assure you, that I used my account:

It’s the account, that bought licenses were sent to and it’s the account I used when logging to Steinberg Download Assistant.

Do you maybe have access to some Steinberg logs, when I used Cubase? You could then see, that I used it really with this account.

Hi,

Are you talking about Soft-eLicenses, USB-eLicenses or Cubase 12 (new licensing system), please?

If you are talking about USB-eLicenser, the license sits on the USB-eLicenser. Just plug it USB-eLicenser to the computer and you are ready to go.

If you are talking about Soft-eLicenses, go thru the Reactivation process, please. If the Soft-eLicenser is the same as it was on the original computer (so you cannot reactivate), use the eLCC Helper to generate a new Soft-eLicenser Number, you can reactivate to.

If you are talking about Cubase 12, you get 3 seats for every license. So you should be able just to activate the new seat of your license. If all your 3 seats have been used already, get in contact with the official Steinberg support to make the seat(s) free.

PS: I wouldn’t share an email address publicly like this. :wink: