Transferring custom key commands

Hi…I installed Dorico 4 on a new laptop, and tried to do the transfer of custom key commands from my pc to my laptop by copying the “keycommands_en.json” file from my pc and pasting it in the dorico4 folder in my laptop, overwriting the original file inside. When I opened Dorico, it was still in the default key commands…did I do something wrong? Or is this an outdated method (I saw this method from a 2019 forum post, it was Dorico 2 back then :O)

1 Like

Are you sure that you are copying and pasting from the correct Dorico folders? On Windows, the path should be C:\Users\your-username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Dorico 4 and on Mac, the path should be /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 4. The lack of space between ‘Dorico’ and ‘4’ in your post got me suspicious that you might have copied the file located in your main application folder (C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico4 on Windows). The ‘keycommands_en.json’ files are actually different depending on which folder.

Thank you for this! It turns out that the correct folder is a hidden folder by default, hence i couldn’t find it at first and went to the wrong folder instead. Hopefully more people know that showing hidden folders is necessary!!