Transformer Midi insert

I am trying to program a preset for the transformer plugin. I want to write a little script that transforms midi notes to program changes. I need this to emulate keyswitches for triggering different patches in a bank in Kontakt 5. I did this on one of my old computers, but did not transfer the preset. Hopefully, someone who understands the transformer better than I could possible share their thoughts.

Best,

Jay

The same topic came up quite recently…
http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23628&p=151629&hilit=bank#p151629
Martin’s recipe for the Logical Editor is of course equally valid for the Transformer Insert FX :wink:. (I’ll just add that, if you wish, you could also add an extra line in the Action target section, to offset the incoming note to a different value… for example, if you want eventually to access program change #02, I don’t know of any external keyboards that go down that low! :wink:, so you’d need to add a line, to Subtract, say 24 semitones from the incoming note.

Hello,

Isn’t it better to use Articulation and VST Expression on this? Or do you need to switch it in real time?

VST Expression Maps can also be performed live via custom keyswitches in the Remote Key Settings pane of the Expression Map setup window. I too think they would serve the OP’s purpose better, unless there is a particular reason yet to be disclosed.

Thanks you all for your help. The link to the lather thread solved my issue perfectly.

Best,

Jay