Translation into French

Dear Dorico team,

I have the French trial version of the software:

• When I select in Engrave > Engraving options > Language > French, the instrument names created afterwards are in French, however the notes are still written in English on the sheet music (C instead of Do, D instead of Ré, etc.).

• When I select English in Engraving options and that I create again the same instrument that I created before, when it was set in French, it is still in French (even though I deleted the instrument to create it again).

• When I select English in Engraving options and that I create a new instrument, the “in” is still in French (“Clarinet en Bb”)

Now when I use the English version of the software:

• When I select in Engrave > Engraving options > Language > French, the instruments in the instrument list and on the sheet music are not fully translated (“Clarinette (B Flat)” / “Clarinette in Bb”).

• When I select in Engrave > Engraving options > Language > English, the instruments that I created before in French, that I delete and create again are still in French (“Clarinette” instead of “Clarinet”).

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Maxime

Thanks, Maxime. We are aware that staff labels are not yet fully localised into other languages. We have a bunch more work to do to handle singular and plural instrument names, and to handle gendered languages properly.