Transport Controls - Ugh!

+1!

Totally agree.

I agree.

+1

What?? I find the opposite compared to the previous floating transport. Hereā€™s mine - just a narrow strip at the bottom of the window.

//

I donā€™t mind the new transport, it looks more coherent.

But I do find the lack of colour disturbing :slight_smile:

I preferred the blue for selected icons over the white, I wish we could have a custom color for on/off.

I think the white icons are the main issue (for me). N8 has mainly black icons on a grey background which looks sharper and somehow more solid.

I know weā€™ve covered this before, but I still can not get used to the new-look Transport and Right-click menu graphics.

The N8 controls are very easy to read, with clear black icons on light-grey backgrounds.

In contrast, the N10 controls are (to my mind) much fuzzier and basic, less well-defined, and not so easy to read with white script on dark-grey backgrounds - The icons seem much more Play School, Kindergarten.

I hope N11 will revert back to something similar to the N8 controls.

Here are a couple of examples taken with my iPhone:

Answer is not accepted as correct by my inner bot. The previous transport control could also be ripped down to the bones. The math is simple: More pixels are used per info, and the new bar is only one horizontal line.
In my ideal world, Steinberg would give me an API to design my own transport UI, but that would be damn close to the ā€œoldā€ one.

@fenderchris

you are right, looking at your screenshots I just feel likeā€¦
Nuendo11_TransportBar.png