Transport metronome button V. control room metronome button?

Hi folks,

I’m probably just being a dumbass, but i don’t understand how the transport metronome button & control room metronome buttons interact.

I have a keyboard shortcut for turning on / off the metronome, but this doesn’t effect the control room metronome button.

Problem is, turning the transport metronome button on / off has no effect (no metronome sound heard).

Whereas turning on the control room metronome button lets me hear the metronome

Futhermore, I can’t assign a keyboard shortcut to the control room metronome button.

Sooooooo…

A couple of question: what’s the purpose of these two different, independent met. buttons?

Is there any way to link them?

If not, how do i assign a keyboard shortcut to the control room metronome button?

I’m on the latest version of Cubase.

Thanks! …J

The metronome button on the transport bar turns the metronome on or off.
The metronome button in the Control room determines whether you’ll hear the metronome though the control room (if it’s turned on on the Transport bar).

That’s how it works for me, as it should I think?

Also, check the level control for the click in the Control Room.

Yes, this confused me, too when I first began using CR. As Planarchist said, just make sure the blue MM button is “On” in the CR. Once it’s on, you can turn the click on and off per normal with “C.” If you use Cues in the CR, you can send the Click to any of the CR Cue Mixes.

Ahhhh, thanks, that does it, as luck would have it i hadn’t stumbled upon that combination!

Glad it worked out. If you put a listen Reverb in the CR Monitor strip, you’ll have some verb on the click. I’ve found it smooths things out and makes the click a bit more musical.