Transpose form D major to Eb major

Hello,
When I put my midi file from Cubase Artist 11 into Dorico 3.5 somthing strange is happening.
In the simple programm of Cubase I can transpose easyly, but in Dorico it does not what I want.

Please look at the enclosed exmaple. Instead of a Db Dorico makes it a C#. Indeed you play the right tone, but for the flute I need a Db. (much easier to read)

Can someone help me with this. Maybe in Dorico not the right settings?
Hopefully I will have reply on this issu.
Many thanks in advance.CCF_000124.pdf (546.1 KB)

I think from you example you provide the chat’s title should be “Transpose from D flat major to D major”. This means you have to transpose an augmented unison upward. To achieve this select your music and go to go “Write > Transpose”. In the Transpose dialog specify the transpose interval you want, in this case an augmented unison up. If you don’t know the interval name you can calculate it on the rigt side of the dialog.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to do is transpose - just double click the key signature and type “Db” in the popover, or choose Db from the key sig panel and place it at the start - your pitches should be respelled automatically but if they are not then select them and alt+ (plus sign) to re spell the accidentals

Edit: come to think of it, you haven’t provided the Dorico file or a screen shot, but if you’re using midi then I think there will be no key signature - is that right? You’ll see lots of sharps. You’ll need to add a key signiature…

CCF_000125.pdf (511.9 KB)

Thank yu very much for your quick answer. Enclosed you will find andother example. I start recording in D major. Everything is fine. Then at bar 49 I start recording in Eb major and put the the right key signature in. But as you can see, the note gives no Bb but an A#. It is the same, but in writing it is nog good. I recorded it directly in Es major but in writing it gives no Bb of Eb or Ab, but A# , D# , G#and more.

I hope I can explain it enough for you. My English is not so good.
Anyway, thanks that you are thinking for me for a solution.

Regards
Cees Wassenaar

This is quite odd. It’s like Dorico thinks it’s in D# rather than Eb or something. My quick fix for these things is to do <atl><up-arrow><down-arrow>. Moving notes with <alt>+arrow keys causes notes to change diatonically according to the Key Signature.

Thanks Craig.
I am going to change it that way, but I will also send and Email to Steinberg.
Good luck for you.

Regards
Cees

Dag Cees, I don’t think sending a separate email to Steinberg will be necessary (or useful). The Dorico developers read everything on this forum, and often react or take part in discussions. If users don’t understand something, or think they found a bug, this forum is the best place to ask.

Your best bet is to include the Dorico version of the file (or an excerpt that embodies the problem) here so that when a member of the Development Team comes across it, he or she can address the specifics of your difficulty directly.

PDF’s are of limited value in these cases.