Transpose piece minor second down not possible (solved)

I selected via command - A everything then chose transpose menu and was not able to select a minor second. Only major, diatonic and augmented was possible?

‘t-m3’ works for me? The only awkwardness I’ve found is that it is fiddly to (remember to…) deselect key sigs.

Sorry ‘t-m2’.

I meant the transpose menu. But there must have been something strange there. Because as I tested it again I could find the third to have the correct Pulldown-Menu with minor major and diatonic and when I switch back to the second the Pulldown-Menu was correct also.
So problem gone somehow.

I’m sure you know already… but you can use the Shift-I popover for this now.

Yes I know.
Thanks anyway. :slight_smile:

For some reason I have the same problem: I can’t transpose a whole piece down a minor second. I want to transpose a piece from D minor to C# minor, but when I choose everything and then select transpose, I can transpose a minor second upwards, but not downwards. I even tried the - in my view - erroneous diminished unison, but then I ended up in D flat minor.

It seems the only way is to transpose the piece downwards a major second, and then up again a minor second. This seems unnecessarily laborious…

Maybe you will get an answer dannemoller…

This works fine for me, dannemoller: what version of Dorico are you using? It should be as simple as opening Write > Transpose, setting ‘Interval’ to ‘2nd’ and ‘Quality’ to ‘Minor’, setting Direction to ‘Down’, and then clicking OK.

Yes it works also fine here now. Maybe it was a problem with a special file.

FWIW,
I also happened to have some “impossible transposition intervals”, I had to find workarounds and hoped this kind of issue would be solved. I think that was in Dorico 1.x

I sometimes find that I need to set the interval first, then the direction, and only then will the quality that I need become available.

In the transpose pull-down menu, it took me forever to figure out that I had to select “augmented unison” because minor 2nd wasn’t an option in the pull down menu. I’m using the latest version of Dorico, so I’m not sure what’s going on. It’s hard to think of “augmented unison,” but, hey, whatever works, eh?

You can transpose by a minor 2nd.

You have to choose the interval first, then the available qualities are changing.

1 Like

The Dorico way is to use the interval calculator. It avoids any trouble between diatonic and chromatic transpositions…