Transposing Instruments confusion

Actually, the suffix for flat is -es in German (and in Dutch), but after A and E it is contracted to ‘As’ and ‘Es’.
Extra confusion: a B flat is called ‘B’ in German, and what’s a B natural in English is called ‘H’.
Even more confusion: despite using the German system in general, the Dutch say ‘Bes’ to B flat and ‘B’ to, well, B. Sorry!

1 Like