Tremolo on dotted note

How do I get a multi-note tremolo on dotted notes like this: Dropbox - tremelo.JPG - Simplify your life? If I enter the dotted notes and try to add a tremolo Dorico does nothing.

With Force Duration turned on, enter the notes as dotted quarters, then apply the tremolo. Dorico will automatically then change them to dotted half notes once the tremolo is created.

That’s something I requested a long long time ago… but has not raised the top of the pile yet ! :wink:

Yeah - this would be a much appreciated fix. If Dorico could figure out that a dotted half and a half tied to a quarter were the same note value and could be combined into a dotted half tremolo. Thanks for posting this workaround! I had a bunch of these, and to save time, I just copied the measure where I needed it, and transposed the pitches afterward.

In Engraving Options > Tremolos > Multi-note Tremolos, set Appearance of half note (minim) tremolos: to All lines join stems

Turn on Force Duration
Enter the notes as dotted 1/4-notes
select all the notes
Press shift-R
Type //2
Press Enter

That’s often the quickest way. You can also use Lock Duration (L) to do the re-pitching.

1 Like