Trial Elements 10.5 MacBook can't playback audio

CONFIG
Cubase Elements LE AI 10.5 (trial)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)
2.9 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I cannot get any kind of audio output when using an input USB microphone. I just need to hear it at any quality, but none of the speaker, audio output jack, or bluetooth audio will work (will not appear or are greyed out in setup). Is there any other output possibility or should I just give up?

Thanks!

Ed

Tried one more combination: input: tried both a Blue Yeti (USB) and a different mic through Icicle USB interface. Output: tried a headset with a simple USB interface. No matter which I tried, Cubase only recognized one of them for both input and output. Whichever I picked for input (from the VST selection) would be the only output device in the audio output selection, and vice versa. I’ve been using MixPad on the mac, but figured that I could use Cubase in the studio for audio recording, and then on the PC where I would mix with MIDI.

I am trying to replace MixPad for something that works on both Mac and PC. MixPad has no problem with any input/output configuration.

Ed

Oh my. I move the setup to the PC in my office, and no input devices are recognized at all. If anyone has any suggestions, I’d appreciate it.

A look into the manual during those two days would have been a good thing to do… :unamused:
Cubase can use only one ASIO driver at a time. So your audio input device also need to be your audio output device. Google or search for ASIO4all (PC) or „aggregated device“ (Mac)