Tried of Jbridge!

+1 for JBridge, it’s been totally solid when using SampleTank and Miroslav on my Mac.

the time has come for us to leave behind 32 bit restrictions and look into the future.

if you still have 32 bit plugins, write to the developers and urge them to move forward.

the audio industry and users have always been cutting edge in regards to technology etc. Lets progress to the next phase. - There are only advantages regarding 64bit in terms of resource utilization etc.

Although the change is paired with minor complications, we are lucky to be a part of this process-for us and generations to come.

Thank you Jbridge and others for easing the process for us.

Stay good and have fun in the music:)

I expect with the trend toward 64 bit - especially now that Pro-Tools is finally 64 bit, all PI and Vinstr. manufacturers will make the switch if they want to stay in business.

Yeah, once everything is 64 bit, don’t worry, there will be something else that happens that will cause us to have to replace and upgrade, there always is.

This is, I guess my 3rd big change. 1st OSX. 2nd PPC/Intel. Now 32 to 64. All required serious overhaul. I wonder what the next thing will be.

Anyways, I thought I could get away without any 32 bits, but looks like I may need to keep it around for Grand 2. Which was working fine under VST bridge, now I will have to try this jBridge for the first time.

If you’re going to use jBridge make sure the 32bit plugs installation folder is not ‘seen’ by Cubase, but the jBridged plugin folder is seen by Cubase.

Here is how I arranged the folder structure in Windows, I don’t know if this will help you on a Mac, but here goes:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins (32bit plugs)

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\My jBridgedPlugins

HTH,

Mauri.

Exactly the same thing here, using JBridge 1.5 with C5.1.1. Been in contact with the developer for a while about this and we checked again and again the installation process, the rights for all folders/files involved and the Windows ‘Run as administrator’ option of some of them. He finally gave up : he admitted that he couldn’t find a solution.

So, indeed, the only workaround I found for this is to use C5.1.1 and JBridge with my actual administrator account. Not ideal… But to be honest, JBridge works also with a user account but with the need to click 6 times on the message windows appearing during the Cubase launch process, then trying to forget them after…

With 6.5, I don’t have this problem, because evidently the VSTBridge has been improved to a point where I don’t need JBridge to use my three remaining plug-ins still in a 32 bits format.

Thanks for the info!

this is exactly what I mean… drag & drop doesn’t work.