Trim bars?

Hi,

I have the following situation in which bar 49 and 50 are justified to occupy a full line (please neglect the red arrow). Is it possible to make only bars 49 and 50 shorter like in the other staves? I tried to do this in the engrave mode, but didn’t succeed.

Thanks,
Antoine

You need to be in the Note Spacing submode of Engrave mode. You should see a large square handle appear above the barline at the end of bar 50. Select it, then use Alt+Left arrow (or Cmd/Ctrl-Alt-Left arrow for larger movements) to bring it in.

Yes, works perfectly. I tried to drag the handles with the mouse but that doesn’t work?

Yes, works perfectly. Thank.

I tried to drag the handles with the mouse but that doesn’t work?

It’s an intentional design decision that you can’t use the mouse for this. I believe that Dorico’s developers are of the opinion that it would be too easy to accidentally drag things in unpredictable ways with the mouse, just as it is in some other notation software…

…there is always ctrl-z

Maybe I’m mistaken on this one. A recent post from Daniel explains it’s “mostly technical”. See Dragging horizontally with mouse - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

That makes it clear, i think. Thanks.