Trim MIDI event length

A MIDI Part is either empty or it isn’t :wink:
If it hasn’t deleted a Part (in this instance) it is because there is still a Pedal Off event at the start of the Part. Like I said, having selected all the events (of which, the last event is probably going to be the last Pedal Off event), and used "Locators to Selection, the “Split Loop” function unfortunately considers that last Pedal Off to be outside the loop (so it now belongs to the beginning of the Part after the split, which then becomes of course, ipso facto, no longer empty).
(I’ll have to go check whether it behaved the same in Cubase 7.5… seeing as you say it used to work o.k.)
[EDIT] I’ve just checked, and it behaves exactly the same way in Cubase 7.5.30 [/EDIT]

Anyways, I tried the above, and it works (I wouldn’t have posted it otherwise :wink: ).
Did you make sure that “Split Controllers” was uncheckmarked in Preferences (because if not, it would place a duplicate of the CC# event after the split anyways :wink: )?

For the PLE to act on just a selected track, the PLE Preset would have to include the lines “Container___Equal___Track”, and “Property___ Is Selected”.

I did check that the Split Controllers was off. I made sure that everything was set up as you said. The only thing that was different this time was the actual recording.

Thanks! I could probably simplify the process with this but I think I have had enough for one day dow haha.

Just wanted to THANK YOU for this! This is huge for me!

Just to make make a tiny correction

“[1] Process Logical Preset - Select All Notes:
Top window:
Type Is - Equal - Note
Function - Delete”

In the end should be Select instead of Delete :slight_smile: It’s working great in C10.5.

Regards!