Trim mode problem 8.3

It would be great if someone from Steinberg could let us know that they have found the problem and are working on it. I’d really to hate to have to wait for Nuendo 9 to come along, pay for the upgrade and then find that it still has the same issue.

mmmmmmmmmm

I’ve been using 8.3.1 a bit now and so far it seems to be pretty great. Trim seems to be behaving.

Try using trim on a track with musical mode. Here it causes random jumps in level making it impossible to use. Strange as that was listed as fixed in the release notes.

Not to be unkind, but in the real world of commerce and employment it does not appear that the person in charge of Nuendo automation development is currently operating in their “sweet spot”. I hope it doesn’t sound harsh but the evidence is overwhelming that something needs to change in this specific area of development for Nuendo. It has now been impressively dysfunctional for years. The list of significant issues has been unending since the addition of VCAs,

I did have a try in music mode but was unable to make this error occur.

I had another problem though which I have previously submitted as another post where the level automation was not reading correctly when I had automation reduction set to 0%. When I set it to anything higher than 0% the problem went away. Could this help?

I bet if you do guys compare Automation Data Thinning settings they are not the same.

It doesn’t occur 100% of the time but it’s pretty easy to reproduce here.

• Create a track, put it in musical mode, put a white noise generator on it and draw some changes in level
  • Put automation into trim mode and attempt to trim the automation you’ve just created

Here it will randomly jump in level as you’re holding trim down which you can see happen visually too.

I’ve tried this following you instructions a few times as instructed but I can’t get the same error unfortunately. I’ll try it on one of my other systems when I get a chance.