Triton died, need cheap keyboard

Okay, suddenly my triton 61LE died after 10 years of good service, I need a new one asap because I can’t play right now.
Due to budget I need a very cheap one, I will buy a better one later.

Has anyone any experience with the Behringer UMX490?
Are the keys feeling a bit pro? I don’t mind that it doesn’t has aftertouch BTW.
The Behringer 49 keys cost 115 euro here in Holland.

Any other thoughts?

M-Audio’s boards are good. The Oxygen or Keyrig are in your range.

I picked up a used Axiom 49 for $169 CAD.

QuBe.
PS Don’t bin your Triton…might be reparable, or at least worth $ for parts on Craig’s or eBay, (especially the keys and buttons)

Thanks for the tip to not throw the Triton away.

I actually bought a M-audio Oxygen49 for 125 euro a few hours ago :slight_smile:
So I guess I made the right choice haha.

I just have to figure out how to program the rotarys and sliders.
And it fits on my desk! I even think that how weird as it sounds, this is a better way to work then with the Triton.
I paid 1500 for the Triton 10 years ago, how weird is that.

I do want a 61 or 76 piano like keyboard in the future but for now I am saved.

Before the Axiom, I had an Oxygen 8 v2.
A great little unit, especially for when I just wanted something to test VSTi sounds with.

I just have to figure out how to program the rotarys and sliders.
And it fits on my desk! I even think that how weird as it sounds, this is a better way to work then with the Triton.
I paid 1500 for the Triton 10 years ago, how weird is that.
I do want a 61 or 76 piano like keyboard in the future but for now I am saved.

It doesn’t sound weird to me. :slight_smile:
For years I had a Korg X5D as my main synth and controller. (Cost me $1200 way back when.)
The Oxygen opened my eyes to the brilliance of USB midi and bus power, as well as on-deck transport controls. It’s brilliant. No power bricks, easy retakes, midi controls out the yin yang, and way better keyboard action. I’m sold. :smiley:

I’m thinking of putting my X5D on Craig’s. It’s got great sounds and I’d sure hate to let it go, but the Korg legacy M1 VSTi has a lot of it’s sounds and it would be way more convenient to use. (and only $49)
Decisions, decisions…

QuBe.