Trombone Confusion in Ensemble Builder

Hi,
When writing “3 trombones” inside the ensemble builder, it gives me 2 trombones and a bass trombone. But when writing “4 trombones” I get 4 trombones, no bass trombone. Am I doing something wrong? How to add 3 trombones + 1 bass trombone? (when writing “3 trombones, bass trombone”, it gives me 2 trombones and 2 bass trombones, which is also not what I’m looking for)
Thanks,

It might seem a little counter-intuitive, but I managed to get 3 trombones and a bass trombone by typing “trombone, 3 trombones” into the Search field in Build. Similarly, to get three trombones (no bass trombone), I entered “trombone, trombone, trombone”.

I’ll admit to seeing no point in the Ensemble Builder as released. It’s more work than just adding the instruments you want

3 Trombones are a predefined ensemble for orchestras, so Dorico prefers this „preset“ over the literal input.

1 Like

I am not expecting the ensemble builder to add every instrument in an orchestra in one go. I use it to speed up adding the standard families, and then add things like Bass Clarinet, percussion, etc., singly afterward.