Trouble authorizing Steinberg Download Assistant

I just updated my OS to OS 13.5, and am having trouble updating this computer to Dorico 5.
When I try to use the web-login, I get this error: “To authorize Steinberg Download Assistant, you must allow your browser to open Steinberg Web Launcher. Once authorization is completed, you can close this page and continue working with Steinberg Download Assistant.”

My browser is Chrome, and I’ve tried tweaking the security settings so that the login page will be allowed, but nothing works. Can someone tell me specifically what I need to do to the browser’s settings so this will work?

I’ve been searching around for a few minutes about ways you might try to troubleshoot this, but I’m afraid I don’t know the answer. I wonder whether it might be possible for you to temporarily set your default browser to Safari in System Preferences/Settings and try signing in to your Steinberg ID in Safari, then run SDA. It should then trigger Safari rather than Chrome.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your reply. The good news is that I was able to successfully download directly from your site, bypassing the download assistant. Everything seems to be working.

I actually DID try changing my browser to Safari and weirdly got the same result. No amount of fiddling with the settings in Safari or Chrome made any difference. I do not have this problem on my macbook, which is running OS11. Only on my office iMac, which just got pushed to OS 13.5.

Dan

I don’t know whether it’s possible for software to prevent custom protocol handlers from working across multiple browsers on your system, but it might be worth having a think about whether you have any software installed on the one computer but not on the other that could be interfering with the behaviour of the browsers there.