Trouble with alternating time signatures

Hi,

I’m writing a piece that uses the following alternating time signature quite a lot - 4/4 + 3/4, often only for a couple of bars before reverting back to normal time signatures, and I have used a dotted barline to make the change between the 4/4 and 3/4 more prominent (see attached). The 4/4 + 3/4 is meant to signify strict alternation of 4/4 then 3/4 every time it appears.

However, in stretches of 2 or more pairs of bars, when I close and reopen the project, the location of the barlines change, creating bars of something like 4/4 + 4/4 + 3/4 + 4/4 + 3/4 + 4/4 + 3/4 + 3/4, completely throwing off where the beats should be. I can correct it fairly easily,

Is this a bug that the team may or may not be aware of, or am I doing something stupid here?

Here are links to the project (the issue is only in the first flow), unfortunately the files are too big for the forum… Apologies if this is incorrect procedure - just thought it would be useful to see the project.

The first is the file after fixing the time signatures and closing it, the second is the file after reopening it and not fixing it. They may be identical, I’m just not sure.

Thanks very much.

Welcome to the forum, Harry. I’m not sure how you’ve created the dashed barlines between the 4/4 and 3/4 bars, but I think you’ll have more success if you use an aggregate time signature for those passages: type 4/4|3/4 into the Shift+M popover. That should provide a more stable result. Let me know if not!

Thanks! I created them by typing 4/4 + 3/4 into the popover, as I wanted them to be separate bars. The 4/4|3/4 does work now though, thanks for that - should be able to cope with changing bar numbers if necessary.