Trouble with external devices...

I’m new to all of this, I have Cubase Artist 6, an M Audio fast trac interface and an Akai MPK 25 controler. With the MPK 25 I can get it to play all the sounds, but I can’t seem to get the controls to work, like for the mixer and the play, stop, record… It shows up in the devices menue, and shows what controls should do what, but when I move a knob or push a button nothing happens. Also, with the M Audio, It doesn’t do anything. I have it set up as a generic device as well and the software recognizes it but no sound at all. Also, I don’t have the MPK and the M Audio pluged in at the same time or running off one another, I don’t know if that would matter. I’ve done as much research as I can find and nothing is working. I just want to record some music, any help is appreciated. Thanks
Rich

You don’t set the fast track up as a generic device? where in the manuals did it say to do that?

You need to install the ASIO driver that came with it and select the M-Audio driver in Cubase (device setup/VST Audio System/ASIO Driver)