Trouble with Tokens and deleting pages

Hi, thanks for all the help so far. I finally got back to work on this today - Pianoleo, I couldn’t figure out how to cut and paste the music to different flows, like you suggested, but I just moved the music pages themselves back to the beginning.

At this point, I just want to delete the extra pages at the end (Page 15 onwards). They got created somehow and I want to get rid of them, so I can export the rest of it as PDF without them. They don’t have overrides so the Remove Overrides trick won’t work - and when I tried doing stuff to them to create overrides, so that I could hit that button to delete them, it just undid whatever I’d done and didn’t remove the page.

How can I get rid of them? It’d be great if there was a way to just delete pages! :slight_smile:
Thanks
Jeff
Songbook1.dorico 3.zip (740 KB)

The cut and pasting is best done in Galley view. You’ll have to count through manually to see which flow is which, but it’s really just a case of grabbing something within the music on-screen, doing Ctrl-X (Cmd-X on Mac), scrolling to the other flow, selecting the first rest and doing Ctrl-V (or Cmd-V).

Jeff, to remove those unwanted pages at the end of the layout, go into the master page editor, edit the ‘First’ page pair, and delete the MA music frame from both the left- and right-hand pages.

Thanks Daniel, that worked to delete the pages. Pianoleo, yes I see what you mean. I changed the order of the pages from Engrave mode, which had the same effect, but I understand now how to do what you were talking about.
Thanks for the help!
J

Can someone pls show me how to delete the final page (page 24) in this project? I’ve tried everything already mentioned in this thread, and I am stumped. It seems not to behave like the other pages

I re-attached the file with this post. Thnx!
Jeff
Songbook1.dorico.zip (1.21 MB)

Go to Engrave mode, select page 24, right click and then click “Remove Page Number Change(s)”. Then select and right click page 24 again and click “Remove Master Page Change(s)”

Master Page Changes are overrides shown with a green line at the top.
Page Number Changes are overrides shown with a purple bottom-right corner.

ANY overrides mean that Dorico hangs onto the page, even if it’s empty.

I notice that putting the flownumber token in a page header for a part will print, but the flowtitle token will not show if the first flow for an instrument is a Tacet (for reasons explained above). Is there any chance that this will change in the foreseeable future so that flowTitles for a page beginning with a Tacet will fill their token without the need for page overrides?

EDIT: Never mind: I found the Layout option to force the Flow Title token to show.