I am a customer from Australia and I need to be put directly in contact with a Steinberg Manager or higher in regards to issues with your products and obtaining a refund, or you can expect a pleasant surprise from Australian Consumer Rights Department of Fair Trading to deal with.
I need direct contact with Steinberg, not AskNet and not Distributors.
I have been a legitimate customer since Cubase 7 and have also purchased the following Steinberg products:
(1) Cubase 7
(2) Cubase updates 7.5, 8, 8.5
(3) Halion 5
(4) Halion Symphonic Orchestra
(5) Groove Agent 4
(6) Absolute VSTi Collection DL+
(7) CMC-CH Controller (which is irrelevant for this thread but worth mentioning)
Ok, so long story short is that ALL Cubase versions are having serious performance issues to the point of being able to call Cubase non-functional or does not work as advertised.
There are 2 main issues, being:
(1) I receive consistent VST Performance “drop outs” in all of my Cubase projects which cause the program to become unresponsive for a split moment and output a audio artifact glitch sound. This effects recordings and performance and all kinds of things.
(2) The Toolbar Tools, Arrangement Track and Transport Panel are all freezing up and lagging when doing things such as using the Toolbar Tools, Handling any kind of Events and using the Transport controls, these issues easily classifying Cubase as non-functional and does not work as advertised.
Now here are my Computer Specs:
Testing Platform Specs:
OS: Windows 7 64bit
DAW: Cubase Pro 8 v184.108.40.2066 (64bit) and v8.5.20 (64bit)
CPU: i7 960 Bloomfield (Turbo & C1E disabled)
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E x58 Chipset 1366 Socket (BIOS v701)
Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX970 - Driver v373.06 updated to v376.09
RAM: 12GB Corsair Dominator (CMP12GX3M3A1600C9)
HDD: Samsung EVO SSD 1TB (MZ-75E1T0)
Audio Interface: RME Fireface UCX - Driver v1.095 Rev 46
PSU: Corsair AX860 (CP-9020044-AU)
Network Adapter: Intel Gigabit CT PCIe (EXPI9301CT)
Now please understand that I have basically rebuilt the core of my system 3 times over (except for the motherboard) with different hardware and connection combinations but to no avail. These include.
(1) Changed from a Thermaltake 1200W Tough Power PSU to a Corsair AX860 PSU
(2) Changed from a i7950 CPU to a i7960 CPU
(3) Changed from a AMD Radeon HD7970 GPU to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 GPU (I have been through several different drivers with each one)
(4) Changed from 12GB Corsair Vengeance RAM to 12GB G.Skill Ripjaws RAM to 12GB Corsair Dominator RAM
(5) Changed HDD from a Western Digital Black to a Samsung EVO SSD
(6) Changed Audio Interface from Presonus AudioBox to RME FireFace UCX (I have tested other interfaces aswell but to keep things simple I will stick to those 2 for the example.)
(7) Changed from onboard LAN to a Intel PCIe LAN card
(8) Replaced my CMOS battery and have tested flashing to the original BIOS version and one of the most recent versions.
(9) I have re-seated all hardware, power and data connection and tried various different cables multiple times.
(10) Reformatting Windows 7 several times over for fresh new testing grounds.
So, moving on. This has lead me to creating my own Youtube channel to start documenting this case.
I have basically gathered up enough evidence proving that my system specs are stable (Memtest86+, Prime95, Check Disk, other various information tools etc) and furthermore I do NOT experience any unexpected behaviour with any other kinds of programs ranging from:
(1) Video rendering / encoding
(2) Ableton Live, FL Studio
(3) PC Games
(4) Stability testing programs
So to keep it short, in conclusion I would like a FULL Refund on every single Steinberg software product I have purchased in my account at stock price costs, and after that I would like you to remove all my Steinberg software licences and close my account.
If you “Steinberg” fail to act accordingly or fail to come to some kind of agreement with me then you can most certainly expect a phone call from Australian Consumer Rights Department of Fair Trading and someone at Steinberg won’t be happy.
Ive waited and waited in hopes the new versions of Cubase and new versions of hardware drivers would eventually resolve these issues as Cubase is my main DAW and I really wan’t to see it succeed, but enough is enough for me now and its time to get my wasted money refunded so I can purchase hardware that actually works and start to use a different DAW as my main Tape recorde. Its time for me to let Cubase go, I am done with it.
You can’t expect someone to upgrade to a brand new $1500 computer platform with every release.
You have been sternly warned, I will be reasonable and allow for sufficient time for a response but I would like this issue to be dealt with in a timely manner please. I am not interested in trying to find a solution with your software products besides a full refund for all Steinberg software in my account.
Please find my Youtube channel Playlists documentation in my signature at the bottom. If there is any further information you need please let me know.
To save time of watching un-necessary videos, here are the videos you should watch in order:
and my Steinberg Cubase v8.5.20 Bugs, Errors & Performance Reporting Playlist, found here:
Thankyou for your time and patience.