True Peaks & Level Meters

I’m using True Peaks in the Level Meters:

Is there any way for it to mark how many times it goes over 0db like it does when true peaks is not activated?

Is it possible that it could mark where the peaks are on the montage or wave file with a red dot in a future update?

I think it would be helpful to know if it goes over a few times as opposed to multiples times in which some corrective action may be needed. Peaks can go over 0db by .30 but it could be going over 0db again but under .30 and I would not know so maybe how many time would be a start.

Any rule of thumb of what is acceptable when using True Peaks when it goes over 0db. Like I said if it’s only a few times it may be alright but if it’s often then I would think it needs to be reduced. So True Peaks is great but I think thier needs to be some more info/tracking of those peaks other than it’s over 0db and this is the highest so far but no history

Another question:

Why doesn’t the montage have the total time of the montage displayed in the bottom right corner. Initially when you open a montage it does but if you do any editing the total time dissapears and I think it shows the last cursor positon clicked on montage. Only way to get total time back is to close and reopen montage. I think it’s heplful to know this because if I making a cd and adding tracks the total time should always be available so I know if I’m over or not

Thanks,

Is there any way for it to mark how many times it goes over 0db like it does when true peaks is not activated.

There is not such option.

Is it possible that it could mark where the peaks are on the montage or wave file with a red dot in a future update?

For Audio Files, you can use the Global Analysis tool for this (with the “Hot point” function).

Why doesn’t the montage have the total time of the montage displayed in the bottom right corner.

This fields can display 3 things, in this order of priority:

• time selection duration, if any
  • Focused clip length, if any
  • montage duration