Trying to record 4 tracks at once in SX

Yes, yes I do!

http://www.akaipro.com/index.php/product/eie#overview

“The EIE sends and receives four audio channels on a single USB cable for simple, universal interface to your computer. The three additional USB 1.1 ports allow the EIE to function as a hub as well, bridging other MIDI controllers and hard-drives to the computer. EIE’s USB interface is class compliant for plug-and-play operation with Mac OS X and Windows XP, Vista and 7. The EIE features traditional MIDI In and Out jacks for playing and controlling software with keyboard and pad controllers, workstations, and other MIDI-compatible instruments. - See more at: http://www.akaipro.com/index.php/product/eie#overview

Yes I read all that before, then went and had a look at several reviews of the EIE non Pro, they all state that the interface only records and plays back 2 channels.
That also fits in with the limits of USB 1.1

The Pro unit is USB2 for precisely that reason and can record 4 channels at up to 96KHz 24 bit.

http://www.dv247.com/computer-hardware/akai-eie-i-o-usb-audio-interface--82701

“The EIE I/O can record and playback 2 channels simultaneously at CD quality (16bit word-length and a sampling rate of 44.1KHz)”

You wont be the first one caught out by misleading advertising, Yamaha do it to with the Audiogram series of mixers, they are also USB 1.1 and suffer from the same limitation of 2 in/out but not adequately explained in the advertising.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/music-production/interfaces/audiogram/audiogram6/?mode=model

Split, so I AM able to record the 4trax, they are there, I see them, but I CANNOT listen to all 4 at once with the setup I have, Sony stereo amp with RCA jacks. I can only listen to the 2 trax at once with my setup, going from 2 1/4 inch to rcas Sony stereo amp. I have a question into Akai regarding this and they are slow about answering this. So, I am able to get the trax into Cubase LE 5, but I cant listen with my set up unless I have all 1/4 inch plugs going to a better set up or if I have the pro. This is totally off topic from my original SX question, but educational. I am still confused on how I got the trax to the Cubase.
I dont know if I am breaking the rules by asking this, but would this product be any better getting 4 drum trax to Cubase LE 5 or Cubase SX?

You should not confuse recording all four inputs onto two tracks at the same time to recording four inputs onto four individual tracks at the same time.

As for playback, why would you want to play back four tracks to four outputs, you would normally playback four or more tracks to a stereo pair (2 outputs)

If you’re looking to upgrade your interface, especially for drum tracking, I would seriously look to getting an interface with the capability to record at least 8 tracks simultaneously.

You should not confuse recording all four inputs onto two tracks at the same time to recording four inputs onto four individual tracks at the same time.
I am NOT confusing recording all four inputs onto two tracks at the same time to recording four inputs onto four individual tracks at the same time.
There are 4 tracks with 2 overhead mics, one bass drum and 1 snare. 4 seperate trax.
As for playback, why would you want to play back four tracks to four outputs, you would normally playback four or more tracks to a stereo pair (2 outputs)
You totally dont understand what is going on. There is NO stereo pair output happeneing, that is why I have a question into akai.
Would you do me a favor and just go somewhere else? You have been NO help.
Please, please just go away spit!

The device driver under Device setup-VST Multitrack - ASIO driver is set as ASIO4ALL v2

Now that is just quality entertainment right there.

What a pathetic attitude.

And you expect someone else to want to help you?

:unamused:

Oh well !!! Good luck

AKAI EIE Audio Interface features and dimensions:
•44.1kHz sampling rate and 16bit resolution
USB1.1 device, compatible with all Windows and MAC systems
2in / 2out - simultaneous playback and record
•4 discrete combo-ports accepting XLR male or 1/4” jack input
•Mic/Line or Guitar input selector and 48v phantom power on each channnel
•Independent gain control on all inputs
•4 Insert points for inserting outboard FX units or for direct output
•4 nickel plated 1/4” jack outputs for separate monitor systems
•Headphone output and output select switch
•Two classic VU meters with input/output selector
•5-pin DIN MIDI I/O
•3 USB ports for connecting additional devices
•No driver installation required, optional ASIO drivers are available
•AKAI EIE Dimensions (HxWxD): 132mm x 322mm x 215mm
•Weight: 2.5Kg

Bye :slight_smile:

OP, let me know if you want to do a team viewer session to try to figure this out.

Split may be correct, but since you said it worked with LE it may just be a setup issue.

We could go back and forth for days trying to sus this, but my looking at it could sort it one way or another in no time. With team viewer, you don’t have to install, just run it. Let me know via PM with a time that’s good for you.

Will do, thanks NWP, YOU have been helpful!

It can record all 4 inputs at once. :wink:

Well, I apologise unreservedly to marquisdesloth for the misdirection.

As according to all the reviews and other info on the web the non pro version is only a 2 in/out device?

Just goes to show, never believe all you read! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Split. I apologize for my tantrum as well.
Cheers!