Trying to set up bongos as an instrument, not a kit.

I’m battling through percussion setup as I try to learn Dorico. I’m a new user, and I haven’t quite found the answers I need in the forum or the manual.

I plan to use all third-party samples, for the most part. I have a lot of experience setting up percussion maps in Finale, and I figure if I can do it there, I can do it anywhere, right?

For now, what I’d like to do is have a single bongos instrument that gives me a five-line staff, and associate it with a single loaded sample set, in this case Orchestral Tools’ bongos from Berlin Percussion.

I don’t think I need or want a kit in this instance? The single loaded sample has numerous articulations of both high and low bongos, mapped across the keyboard. I’ve set up a Dorico percussion map that corresponds to these mappings, but I really can’t figure out how to set up the instrument I need, or where to instruct Dorico how to notate the different note-types on the five-line staff.

I realize this could be clearer - but I hope it’s enough to at least learn whether what I’m attempting is possible!

Following up on this - maybe it’s a bug I’ve found, or I’m missing something. In the Edit Percussion Kit dialogue, if I select “5-line staff” my bongos are still set up as two separate lines. Is there an added step necessary to convert it to a five-line staff?

Check Layout options > Players, there is a setting there ; it appears when you have a unpitched percussion player set in your score. You can then select if you want the percussion to appear on a 5-line staff, a grid or single-line instrument.