Trying to understand the Key Commands List

Hi,

A question regarding the key commands list.

Firstly, I use Cubase 5.5.3 and am a blind person, so have some limits in reading manuals and accessing info.

How are we supposed to understand what various key commands mean, when are listed there.?

Example. is one called “fade to range.”

but how are we supposed to know what that phrase means?

I had a sighted friend with me and he tried searching that phrase in operations manual but nothing came up.

So he had to actually create a range, then use the key command to see what it did and what it meant.

If we had to do that on every key command listed, we’d be here to Xmas 2013 trying to find out what’s going on.
Another example I wanted to find a key command to mono my main control room speakers.

But a search of mono main speakers or similar phrases, came up with nothing.
we eventually figured it out, and it rejoices in the name “Fold Down Preset 1” – whatever that means.
How is any normal person supposed to make any sense of that?

Can Steinberg put a feature where you can click on the key command and a text comes up explaining what the key command function actually does?

Or is there a way of searching for that in the ops manual?

Or is there something I’m missing here?

It seems strange, that if you want to control a certain function, example, wanting to mono my main speakers, you can’t search for that to find it or something similar.

Ross.