Trying to understand VST Live

Can VST live import song sheets that are all on PDF. I am looking at if/how it can replace and enhance my live work stream. I use an iPad and have pdf based set lists. On each song I can send initial midi commands to set up pedal board. Currently communication is one way from iPad to music hardware I don’t route audio output back to iPad for further processing ie using VST effects live but am looking at possible options. Objective being to keep live gear to minimum. Only want to use the iPad or iPhone for all live processing.
What the relationship between VST mod and VST live? Can you embed all your audio and effects from live into a package which is just imported to VST mod as a set for a show?

Any pointers appreciated.

Cheers
David

VST Live Mods require a running VST Live application, they do nothing on their own.

Ok so you can’t use VST live without having a computer on stage.
Any plans for running on iPad like cubasis?
David

1 Like

Not yet. That sounds like a different kind of product. Maybe a stripdown at some point.

Yes I’m completely mobile running all gear inc PA system on battery and gear links via midi.
I use ForScore currently for set list management, which allows me to set things up on the desktop and export what is needed for shows on iPad. It used embedded audio and midi but not VST effects.

Cheers
David