Trying to understand what's what

Ive had all kinds of problems. Plugins don’t work on some tracks. Cubase will load the name of the plugin in the box and that’s it. The box is black with white text. Drop-down doesn’t work. I have to delete the whole insert box to even make it go away. Can’t put any plugins on the Control Room inserts. Same plugins work fine when moved to other channels. And on some channels I can’t record any audio. As soon as you hit record Cubase says it has detected audio dropouts and stops. But I can move down one track and record just fine. Just bummed out. Been talking with tech support but no fixes yet. Fingers crossed this stuff gets handled. What a hassle.

Mac Studio
M1 Max 32 gig ram
Ventura OS

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Make sure the Constrain Delay Compensation is disabled, please.

Yep. That did it. Im surprised no one suggested that. So on to my most recient problem. My tracks will be playing along fine then one of the audio tracks will drop out at the same place every time during playback. No automation or anything on the channel. Then I noticed when the track drops out all of the stereo/mono indicators at the bottom of the faders go gray. Then after a few seconds they all come back on. Another riddle for someone. Thanks in advance.