Tubular Bells (cover)

thanks early ,Hendrix was always my number 1 from being 14 or 15 when i first picked up a guitar, after hearing are you experienced i was hooked to this very day.

sorry youd have to explain that a bit clearer.. me and my brother who is a drummer were playing black betty the middle section last week ,he had to explain to me where the down beats were cause that tune gets turned upside down ,once he explained it was cool.it starts on the "and of 4 " and when the singer says "hit it" that is beat 4 ,once you get it ,its like walking in the rain without getting wet.

It’s primarily an 8 beat phrase …

Crisis goes DUT! DUT! doo doo dut dut deh du dut

The mozart tune goes doo doo dut dut deh du dut DUT! DUT!

Of course the mozart counterpoint background is completely different than the triplet filled rock fiesta that finishes off the song Crisis. Simon Phillips lights it up. But the main phrase used throughout the song is note for note. Just accented different. Crisis is actually my favorite MO song … I think hehehe

And I should qualify that I think it is a Mozart tune, it’s been 25 or 30 years since I played it.

here you go, make sure you get to the end where the fun drum stuff is. If you think about when it was done, it is kind of impressive for the time from a rock perspective. That and the stuff Simon did on Jeff Becks Space Boogie … woooo what a work out.

EDIT: Crap, I was listening to the link I posted, and it ends about halfway through the song … the drum stuff at the end isn’t there. Sorry.

nice, great album i didn`t know jon anderson and roger chapman were on the album ,i remember when the single moonlight shadow was a hit. i just watched Mike Oldfield perform tubular bells at Knebworth from 1980 on utube .Wow .

I played this song in a band when It came out, what an amazing composition and you really did it justice.

cheers Kenny .the oldest swinger in town. :slight_smile:

Good work. :sunglasses: