Tuner doesn't work

hmm, well never mind, I rebooted and opened a new project, and now its working.

Aloha vic,
Do you believe this is a 'european" thang; because none of my clients are doing/requesting this.

My initial thought is things would sound a lil bit ‘brighter’ using 442 or 443

Interesting approach.

Maybe a new thread on this in the Music Lounge would be informative.

{‘-’}

Well, it certainly is common in Europe, especially for classical music (maybe it’s A440 +VAT? :mrgreen: )

My initial thought is things would sound a lil bit ‘brighter’ using 442 or 443

It is believed that that is the reason why the diapason has slowly increased, over the centuries (many Baroque instruments are still tuned as low as A435)

A = whatever I say it is after I tune my guitar.

:smiley:

I record bands that say that :laughing:

Had one lot in where the lead man had taken all the band tuners and opened them up and fiddled with the calibration, stating that they were all inaccurate!!!

Noticed this after they started playing… Arrgg.

What a nightmare that was, wouldn’t believe my tuner, that said all the guitars were out of whack!!!

Anyway to cut a long story short, none of the guitars had had there intonation done (ever as far as I was aware)
and were all sitting somewhere near a quarter tone up on open.

Spent the morning doing the intonation on all the guitars and getting them back to 440.

Weird man that was, I still think he thinks I was wrong :laughing:

Sorry, as a guitarist I have to take his side or they’ll kick me out of the union :stuck_out_tongue:

Im having the same problem. The tuner seems to jump every 30 seconds or so. In fact both the amp rack and regular tuner dont work. The regular tuner works for me in cubase 5 though…

EDIT: Fixed it… just restarted my computer lol

My tuner is doing the same thing. Used it all the time in C5 now in 6 64 & 32bit I get the same thing.

:laughing:

Aloha JM
You mean you still tune your guitar??/

I had mine welded in tune back in ‘76 and it’s still goin’ strong.:slight_smile::):):slight_smile:

{‘-’}

It didn’t work for me at first, but when I soloed the tuner track, it worked. :stuck_out_tongue:

Click the monitor button in the guitar channel. :bulb:

Or even better, put it on the input channel

Try This: GVST-GTune.
You all will be Sorted out.
Link:
http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=847
It’s Free and legal.

Legendary - thanks a million for this. I was having the same issue and seeing your response tripped my memory of checking Direct Monitoring in the Studio Setup yesterday. Unchecked and now tuners are all good :smiley: