tuplet shorcut bug?

I assigned a keyboard shortcut to the tuplet and it indeed works, but when I play the first note after that on my midi keyboard, the tuplet function is canceled and no tuplet is being written. Clicking the tuplet in the panel instead works normally. Is this a bug?

Can you be a bit more specific about what you mean, Andre? Are you triggering a shortcut for the popover, or for something else? Are you actually entering a tuplet ratio in the popover before you start playing notes?

Ah, I see now where I went wrong. Normally I go into Note input mode, select a value and then click the tuplet button, which gives immediately the correct tuplet value and I can start entering notes. But when I press the keyboard shortcut instead, the value isn’t automatically created and I first need to enter it in the popover. Thanks!

André, it’s possible to create a shortcut specifically for 3:2 triplets (or 4:3 tuplets, 12:7 tuplets, whatever you like), if you’re happy to get your hands dirty.

See One-button shortcut for tuplets? - Dorico - Steinberg Forums and please practise safe coding (always use a copy!)

Or… do what I did, and assign it to a custom keypad! One button tap.

For that I would need to use a different device and i still feel that would be an obstacle in my workflow. I like to keep my hands on the keyboard :wink:

Thanks for the suggestion, Leo, but that goes above my understanding! I will type the tuplet manually instead.

I understand your hesitancy about a secondary device. Have you tried Keyboard Maestro? Sounds much less daunting than monkeying with json files!