Turn solo track off; record enable button on

Used N4 for a few years, now on N6. In N4 I could solo a track (or tracks), MIDI or audio,clicking the solo button with the mouse. When I was done needing those tracks soloed, I had a key command set that would “un-solo” all those tracks–making all tracks heard. Solo defeat doesn’t seem to work exactly that way. Can’t find what in N6 that does exactly that.

Also, when opening the score or key editor, the record-enable button comes on for that track. I’d like that not to happen. I’ve unchecked all boxes in preferences that seem related to this problem. This has been a problem for me since N2. Any advice for either situation??

1. In Nuendo 6 it is called “Deactivate All Solo States” in the edit category of the Key Command functions.

2. This one sounds like a preference called “Enable Record on Selected Midi Track” or…
    “Enable Record on Selected Audio Track” both are in the preferences under “Project & MicConsole”

Thanks for the tip on deactivate solo states–that’s what I needed.

Concerning the record enable buttons, I’ve unchecked all of those for years and nothing works.

Concerning the record enable buttons, I’ve unchecked all of those for years and nothing works.

Well I’m stumped then…thought for sure that would do it.

It’s called Solo Record In MIDI Editors under Record-MIDI.