Two Aggravating Issues with Nuendo 13

I have been trying out N13 with mostly good results, but I’ve found 2 issues that impedes workflow with the new interface.

1. I use the horizontal zoom a lot when working. In N12, when I zoomed the screen the “playback head” always stayed centered on screen. I could position the playback head and then zoom in. Now the playback head zooms off screen making it difficult to find. I’ve had a few instances where it centered, but most of the time it does not.
  2. In N12 I could hover over the “Sends” and use the mouse scroll wheel to increment/decrement an EFX send quickly and easily. Now the Inserts and Sends are under “Channel” and the mouse scroll wheel does not increment/decrement when hovering over them. Dragging them for small adjustments is very difficult with a 4K screen.

Do either of these issues have a configuration setting to bring back the N12 approach?

2 Likes

The scroll wheel for (several) parameter changes is now turned off by default. You can change this in the preferences:

Hi,

Do you use the static cursor? There is also a new Preferences > Editing > Zoom. The Use Selection Start as Zoom Achor (which is enaled by default) could be the one, which brings different behaviour.

Preferences > Editing > Project & MixConsole > Scrolling: Disable Mouse Wheel for Parameter Change. This is a new references, which is enabled by default. Disable it, please.

1 Like

Also, “scrolling” the sends in the channel edit window still works, even with the disable option checked in the preferences.

Best regards
Johannes

Hi,

If you disable (uncheck) the option, the mouse scroll-wheel works everywhere. You have to enable (check) the option to restrict the scrol-wheel. Then it works only for the Fader (Volume) and Pan.

1 Like

The solutions offered here resolved the issues I was having. Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like