Two custom score bugs?

When a renamed custom score is opened again, the name is back to custom score.

A custom score that looked ok before saving opens like the attached when reopened.

beche

One is supposed to be able to name a custom score, or?
Is this a bug, and is the picture in my attachment a bug (I just repeated it) or am I doing something wrong?

There is indeed a bug with restoring the name of the layout when loading. Thanks for reporting this: we’ll try to take care of it before the 1.0.10 update.

Aha, and do you think it also gives the scrambled effect in my attachment above, or is that something else?

That will be something else, and I would need to see the project file itself to try to diagnose it.

Presently I am not able to reproduce it. I’ll send it when/if it occurs again.

By the way, when dorico doesn’t remember the assigned custom layout name it also forgets my “make into system” command.

Also when a group of bars starts or ends with a number of tacet bars I cannot select it to make into system. I could of course add a note and then take it away but I suppose you want it to work as is.

1. Daniel, can you confirm that not remembering “make into system” is also a bug and hopefully that you will try to fix it for the first update?
  2. By the way, the temporary scrambled custom score fix is to delete it and create a new one that will be ok (at least for some time).
  3. Repeat question: When a group of bars starts or ends with a number of tacet bars I cannot select it to make into system. I could of course add a note and then take it away but I suppose you want it to work as is.

I had this problem recently. I wanted a system to begin with a multi-bar rest but I couldn’t select anything to insert the system break. I tried to select the notes I wanted in the previous system but this gave really strange results. I had to give up the attempt.

Looks like this didn’t make the 1.0.10 update - hoping it will be in 1.0.20?

Yes, I hope so. Sorry that we have not been able to fix absolutely every thing that people have reported in the first update, but there will be more updates in future.

Thank you for fixing the make into staff remembrance.
My scrambled appearance seems ok as well.
Dorico still doesn’t remember the given names for custom scores as I think you know.
It is still not possible to select a portion of the score that starts or ends with empty bar, in case you didn’t know?

You can’t select multi-bar rests as a proxy for selecting the music underneath them at present, but that shouldn’t be a problem since there’s nothing much you can do with a multi-bar rest anyway.

I wanted to have four bars on each staff but the last two were multi-bar rest so I can’t do that.

My workaround is to add one more player that had music where the multi-rest was, then make inte system and then deleting that player again.