Two inputs being selected instead of just one

Hi everyone,

This have been bothering me for a while, so I’ve come here to ask how to fix it.

Alright so I add a project and then an audio track. Whenever I select input (Any of the 1-8 inputs) it selects two inputs. Seems to be in pairs as well, because when i hit input 4, 3 and 4 will be selected. If I hit 3, 3 and 4 will be selected. Same goes for 1 and 2, 5 and 6, + 7 and 8. Earlier it just selected one track, which is what I still want.

This is probably something super easy, but I can’t figure it out. Any advice would be appreciated! :blush:

1. In the MR Console Software make sure the channels are not LINKED

2. If you are recording a MONO signal you need to create a MONO buss and select that single input as well in Cubase or whatever DAW your using

3. You need to create a MONO track in Cubase, not stereo

Thanks for your reply, Shanabit.

1. I had a look at the MR Console and the channels aren’t linked.
    2&3) I don’t record in MONO. I’ve always selected stereo when I add a track and that have always worked fine. But keep in mind, Buss - mono - stereo in and out, I’ve never really figured out how to work with it. However I did try switch a lot, but it all resulted the same.

Some additional information… I use Cubase Artist 7. This have never been an issue as I’ve had the MR816x for years now, but lately when I create new projects they always have this weird default setting which bothers me. If I load up an old project, the settings are fine and it simply selects one input which is what I want.